WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A VANDALISM OR COLLISION CLAIM
Call Salim/Rod at Lougheed Hyundai (604) 523-3009 and inform us the extent of the damage to your vehicle.
- Courtesy vehicles can be arranged
- We will inspect your vehicle before any repairs
- We will use only a high quality repair facility
- We will inspect workmanship as the repair progresses
- We will call you when your car is complete and assist you in the pick up
- We will follow up to ensure your satisfaction with the work done!
Always call the Police if:
- Someone is hurt
- You suspect that any other driver may have been drinking or under the influence
- There is significant property damage
If no one is injured:
- If it is safe to do so, try to move your car to the side of the road, out of traffic. If your vehicle cannot be moved, turn on your hazard lights or use cones and warning triangles.
- Write down details of the accident, including how it happened, the time, date and location, the direction of all cars and road conditions.
- Get the contact information of the drivers of all the vehicles involved, other passengers and witnesses.
- Get insurance information from all drivers involved in the accident, including plate numbers, driver’s license and the numbers, and the names of the insurance companies.
- Take multiple snapshot of the accidents with smart phone, or do a video record of the accidents scene.
- Notify your insurance company about the accident immediately.
- As difficult as it may seem, it is important that you remain calm.
- Do not argue with other drivers and passengers. Save your story for the Police.
- Do not voluntarily assume liability or take responsibility, sign statements regarding fault, or promise to pay for damages at the accident scene.